Recipe by rainna
I made this over the weekend. It was so good, and moist. The norm would be to bake it in a bundt pan, but I turned them into cupcakes so everyone would have their own without fighting for a slice. I soaked 4 stalks of vanilla beans in the rum for a month before using, it had a very nice familiar smell you would find in Rum and Raisin ice cream. For an added oomph, top it up with some rum flavoured butter icing or rum glaze.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 1 cup heavy cream (35%)
- 3⁄4 cup dark rum
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Sift together and set aside the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Cream butter and sugar until it is light and fluffy. Stir in vanilla and eggs, mix well.
- Add the lime zest and rum. Stir well to combine.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients, alternating with the heavy cream and ending with the dry ingredients. Mix between additions until well combined.
- Grease a bundt cake pan with some butter. Pour batter into the pan and bake for approximately an hour or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Carefully turn out and cool on a wire rack. Dust with some powdered sugar if desired. You can also sprinkle on some more rum too. Slice and serve when cool.