Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a simple meal that is full of flavour and very quick too. Use gluten-free ingredients to make this meal suitable for a gluten-free diet. Serve with rice for a simple meal. very limited cooking time for a hot nights summer dinner
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, chopped (bell-pepper)
- 1 green capsicum, chopped (can use yellow capsicum)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (400 g) can chopped tomatoes (14 ounces)
- 20 large green prawns, peeled or 20 scallops
- Heat oil in a large pan
- Cook onion and capsicums until soft.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients.
- Cook until prawns are just done (about 2-3 minutes).
- Serve with fluffy white rice and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.