Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into matchstick sized pieces
- 2 (8 ounce) canstropical fruit salad, drained
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless pork chops (trimmed of all visible fat)
- 1 -3 tablespoon carribean caribbean jerk seasoning
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sweet potatoes, fruit, honey, ginger, cinnamon and salt.
- Lay foil sheets on workspace.
- Divide sweet potato mixture including juices, evenly onto foil squares.
- Spread jerk seasoning onto a plate.
- Brush pork chops on both sides with steak sauce, then roll in jerk seasoning.
- (For milder chops, sprinkle with jerk seasoning.) Lay pork chops on sweet potato mixture.
- Seal foil packets well.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are tender and pork is cooked throughout.
Very good recipe. I did find that rolling the pork in the jerk was too much. Sprinkling them with the seasoning was just perfect. My DH requested this recipe for the next dinner! Thanks a lot for a low fat good tasting recipe!