Recipe by Derf
This can be Broiled if BBq not available. from Cooking Light mag.
Top Review by ChelseaB
Oh boy, this tenderloin was outstanding. I used fresh jalapeno pepper and marinated a couple of hours. I cooked on the gas grill with some wood chunks thrown in. The smell and flavor was excellent. The meat was tender and juicy. Went perfectly with chutney. Thanks Derf, this is one super recipe.
- 1 lb lean pork tenderloin
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon bottled chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, smashed
- 1 teaspoon fresh gingerroot, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1⁄4 cup mango chutney (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- trim fat from pork.
- Combine lime juice and next 5 ingredients in a large heavy duty, zip top plastic bag.
- Add pork; seal bag, and marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Remove pork from bag, reserving marinade.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray; place on grill over medium coals.
- Place pork on rack and grill covered, 30 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 160 degrees, turning and basting pork occasionally with reserved marinade.
- Cut into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Serve with chutney.