Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This can be Broiled if BBq not available. from Cooking Light mag.
Make and share this Jamaican Pork Tenderloin recipe from Food.com.
- trim fat from pork.
- Combine lime juice and next 5 ingredients in a large heavy duty, zip top plastic bag.
- Add pork; seal bag, and marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Remove pork from bag, reserving marinade.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray; place on grill over medium coals.
- Place pork on rack and grill covered, 30 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 160 degrees, turning and basting pork occasionally with reserved marinade.
- Cut into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Serve with chutney.
Oh boy, this tenderloin was outstanding. I used fresh jalapeno pepper and marinated a couple of hours. I cooked on the gas grill with some wood chunks thrown in. The smell and flavor was excellent. The meat was tender and juicy. Went perfectly with chutney. Thanks Derf, this is one super recipe.
This pork is succulent. . Chutney along side enhances the already great flavor of the pork. I did it in the oven 375f for apprx 1/2 hour (I just kept testing with a meat thermometer until it hit 160 took it out, foil wrapped it and finished the rest of the veggies). I did use fresh Serrano Chlies instead of canned and I marinated it for 2 hours. Derf I can't believe the wonderful flavor. Thanks I love your recipes.
Great dish! Ended up marinating it for about 4 hours. Other changes I made are due to what I had on hand. Used 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger instead of 1 teaspoon of gingerroot and instead of chutney I served with mango salsa, Easy Mango Salsa. This will be our new go to combo for pork on the grill!