Cook1 hr 5 mins
Family favourite from my mother-in-law. Good for a weeknight supper or for company. I use any kind of lean pork (loin, tenderloin etc.). Easy and delicious.
- 680.38 g pork, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 29.58 ml soya sauce
- 78.07 ml ketchup
- 78.07 ml water
- 538.64 g can pineapple tidbits, drained (reserve juice or syrup)
- 1 green pepper, cut into pieces (or red)
- pepper, to taste
- 29.58 ml vinegar
- 14.79 ml oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml cornstarch
- 4.92 ml salt
- Brown onions and pork in oil.
- In a bowl or large measuring cup, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt. Gradually add vinegar, soya sauce, ketchup, water, and syrup/juice of drained pineapple.
- Add mixture to pork.
- Cook over low heat, stirring until thick and clear.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add pineapple tidbits and green pepper. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve over hot rice.