Recipe by fluffystew
Family favourite from my mother-in-law. Good for a weeknight supper or for company. I use any kind of lean pork (loin, tenderloin etc.). Easy and delicious.
Top Review by Imagenie
This was good but we thought it was way too sweet. I would make this again but cut way down on the sugar. The meat was very tender (I used boneless pork chops). Only used half the pineapple amount and added minced garlic and carrots. Served over white rice. I had a problem with it sticking to the bottom of the pan, so finished it in the oven. Thank You.
- 680.38 g pork, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 29.58 ml soya sauce
- 78.07 ml ketchup
- 78.07 ml water
- 538.64 g can pineapple tidbits, drained (reserve juice or syrup)
- 1 green pepper, cut into pieces (or red)
- pepper, to taste
- 29.58 ml vinegar
- 14.79 ml oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml cornstarch
- 4.92 ml salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown onions and pork in oil.
- In a bowl or large measuring cup, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt. Gradually add vinegar, soya sauce, ketchup, water, and syrup/juice of drained pineapple.
- Add mixture to pork.
- Cook over low heat, stirring until thick and clear.
- Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add pineapple tidbits and green pepper. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve over hot rice.