Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
You may add chopped fresh cilantro to the bean mixture. These pork chops are delicious.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 well-trimmed center-cut pork chops, cut 1/2 inch thick
- 3⁄4 teaspoon blackening seasoning or 3⁄4 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup chunky salsa, divided
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained or 1 cup thawed frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Heat oil in large deep skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Sprinkle both sides of pork chops with blackened seasoning mix and allspice; cook 2 minutes per side or until browned.
- Pour 1/2 cup salsa over pork chops; reduce heat to medium.
- Cover and simmer about 12 minutes or until pork is no longer pink.
- While pork chops are simmering, combine beans, corn, remaining 1/2 cup salsa and lime juice in medium bowl; mix well.
- Serve bean mixture with pork chops.
This was so quick and easy! We used hot salsa and the blackened spice from my Three Alarm Blackened Chicken. We only had a 15 oz. can corn and we used the whole thing. We served this over minute brown rice. Next time, I may go ahead and heat the pork with the rice and bean salsa. This is a great go to weeknight meal. Thanks! Reviewed for My-3-chefs November 2009.