Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
You may add chopped fresh cilantro to the bean mixture. These pork chops are delicious.
Make and share this Jamaican Pork Skillet recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 well-trimmed center-cut pork chops, cut 1/2 inch thick
- 3⁄4 teaspoon blackening seasoning or 3⁄4 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup chunky salsa, divided
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained or 1 cup thawed frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Heat oil in large deep skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Sprinkle both sides of pork chops with blackened seasoning mix and allspice; cook 2 minutes per side or until browned.
- Pour 1/2 cup salsa over pork chops; reduce heat to medium.
- Cover and simmer about 12 minutes or until pork is no longer pink.
- While pork chops are simmering, combine beans, corn, remaining 1/2 cup salsa and lime juice in medium bowl; mix well.
- Serve bean mixture with pork chops.