You may add chopped fresh cilantro to the bean mixture. These pork chops are delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 well-trimmed center-cut pork chops, cut 1/2 inch thick
- 3/4 teaspoon blackening seasoning or 3/4 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup chunky salsa, divided
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained or 1 cup thawed frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1Heat oil in large deep skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- 2Sprinkle both sides of pork chops with blackened seasoning mix and allspice; cook 2 minutes per side or until browned.
- 3Pour 1/2 cup salsa over pork chops; reduce heat to medium.
- 4Cover and simmer about 12 minutes or until pork is no longer pink.
- 5While pork chops are simmering, combine beans, corn, remaining 1/2 cup salsa and lime juice in medium bowl; mix well.
- 6Serve bean mixture with pork chops.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jamaican Pork Skillet
Serving Size: 1 (394 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 402.9
- Calories from Fat 146
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 71.3 mg
- Sodium 629.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 32.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: