Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
You may add chopped fresh cilantro to the bean mixture. These pork chops are delicious.
Make and share this Jamaican Pork Skillet recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 well-trimmed center-cut pork chops, cut 1/2 inch thick
- 3⁄4 teaspoon blackening seasoning or 3⁄4 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup chunky salsa, divided
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (8 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained or 1 cup thawed frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Heat oil in large deep skillet over medium-high heat until hot.
- Sprinkle both sides of pork chops with blackened seasoning mix and allspice; cook 2 minutes per side or until browned.
- Pour 1/2 cup salsa over pork chops; reduce heat to medium.
- Cover and simmer about 12 minutes or until pork is no longer pink.
- While pork chops are simmering, combine beans, corn, remaining 1/2 cup salsa and lime juice in medium bowl; mix well.
- Serve bean mixture with pork chops.
This was so quick and easy! We used hot salsa and the blackened spice from my Three Alarm Blackened Chicken. We only had a 15 oz. can corn and we used the whole thing. We served this over minute brown rice. Next time, I may go ahead and heat the pork with the rice and bean salsa. This is a great go to weeknight meal. Thanks! Reviewed for My-3-chefs November 2009.