Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
We were served this concoction tableside in a little restaurant near Montego Bay. The measurements are not exact. We guesstimated as it was being prepared. It is truly yummy! Mango is also wonderful prepared in this manner. Enjoy!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 pinch of freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 slice fresh pineapple, 3/4 inch thick,peeled,cored,cut into chunks
- vanilla ice cream
- Melt butter and sugar in heavy medium nonstick skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Add rum and nutmeg and stir until very thick and syrupy, about 2 minutes.
- Add pineapple and stir just to heat through.
- Spoon pineapple and sauce over ice cream.