Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another wonderful BBQ fruit recipe. YUM! From No Reservations Required.
- Cut off crown (leafy part) of pineapple and slice it in half lengthwise.
- Cut each half lengthwise again into 3 wedges.
- Remove the hard, middle core of all 6 wedges by slicing it off with a knife.
- Carefully cut each wedge into 1 inch slices, but do not cut through the skin.
- In a saucepan, bring honey, rum, brown sugar and butter to a boil.
- Place pineapple on a well-oiled grill grid.
- Indirect or low heat works best.
- Baste with rum mixture.
- Continue cooking for 30 minutes, turning and basting every 10 minutes, until pineapple is light brown.