Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 mins
You can also use snapper, rockfish, halibut or haddock.
Make and share this Jamaican Orange Sea Bass recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons allspice berries
- 2 jalapenos or 2 serrano chilies, cored,seeded and minced (more or less to taste)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- 3 green onions, minced
- 1⁄4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs sea bass fillets, cut in serving portions
- 2 navel oranges, cut in 1 inch slices
- Finely crush the allspice berries with a mortar and pestle, or grind them in a spice grinder.
- In a small bowl, combine the allspice with the chiles, garlic, onions, orange juice, orange zest, oil, salt and pepper.
- Stir to mix well.
- Preheat the grill.
- Set the sea bass fillets in a shallow dish and lightly spoon the marinade mixture over.
- Turn the fillets so they are evenly coated in the marinade and set aside for 10 to 15 minutes (chill if the ambient temperature is quite warm).
- Put the fish fillets on the hot grill, with the orange slices alongside.
- Cook until the fish is just opaque through, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Turn the orange slices occasionally, so they brown evenly.
- Serve the grilled sea bass with grilled orange slices alongside.
This was delicious! My guests all loved it, even the one with a prejudice against fish. I made it with black cod instead of sea bass.