Recipe by Wildflour
This buttery sweet fish is grilled to perfection with our own jerk seasoning! Served on a warmed flour or corn tortilla, topped with our special Tropical Fruit Salsa, avocado, piled high with cabbage, jicama and lime sour cream, makes our Mahi-mahi Tacos quite a catch! Come to the Islands and enjoy these delicious, unique flavors! Recipe concocted by the First Class Nuts team for the ZWT3! Don't forget the rum! :)
Top Review by Crocheting Mama
From all of the ingredients, I thought I was really going to love this dish, but when it all came together I just liked it. I subbed tilapia and lime juice, couldn't find scotch bonnet so used jalapeno, otherwise made as prescribed. It was fun to try jerk for the first time. made for zwt3
- 4 (907.18 g) mahi mahi fillets (can sub tilapia or cod)
- 29.58 ml canola oil
- caribbean jerk seasoning (I used Dry Jerk Seasoning)
Tropical Fruit Salsa
- 236.59 ml fresh pineapple, diced
- 236.59 ml fresh mango, diced
- 236.59 ml fresh papaya, diced
- 59.14 ml finely chopped cilantro
- 14.79 ml grapefruit juice, can sub lime juice
- 14.79 ml white rum
- 1 scotch bonnet peppers or 1 habanero pepper
- 59.14 ml finely chopped red onion
- 4.92-9.85 ml honey
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- salt and pepper
- 8 soft flour tortillas or 8 soft corn tortillas
- 2 avocados, thinly sliced with
- 1 lime, juice of
- 473.18 ml red cabbage, finely shredded
- 236.59 ml jicama, finely julienned
- 473.18 ml sour cream
- 4.92 ml fresh lime juice
- 4.92 ml fresh lime zest
- cilantro (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brush fillets with canola oil and sprinkle evenly both sides, with jerk rub seasoning.
- *Use 1 teaspoons seasoning per side per each fillet. More or less to taste.
- Rub into fish evenly to coat.
- Place fillets on hot grill and grill 3-5 minutes per side or til done and flakes easily with a fork.
- Warm tortillas on grill.
- Cut fillets into chunks, or coarsely shred with a fork.
- Divide fish evenly onto 8 warmed tortillas.
- Top each with fruit salsa, a slice of avocado, shredded cabbage, jicama, and top with lime sour cream.
- Lime sour cream:.
- Mix sour cream, lime juice and zest in small bowl.
- Garnish with additional cilantro if desired.
- *Note: If scotch bonnet or habanero peppers are too hot for your tastebuds, a red jalapeno can be substituted! They are actually quite mild.
- Serves 4, two tacos apiece!
- The seasoning is: Dry Jerk Seasoning by susie cooks, recipe #229443.