1/3 Photos of Jamaican-Me-Nuts! Mahi-Mahi Tacos With Tropical Fruit Salsa
This buttery sweet fish is grilled to perfection with our own jerk seasoning! Served on a warmed flour or corn tortilla, topped with our special Tropical Fruit Salsa, avocado, piled high with cabbage, jicama and lime sour cream, makes our Mahi-mahi Tacos quite a catch! Come to the Islands and enjoy these delicious, unique flavors! Recipe concocted by the First Class Nuts team for the ZWT3! Don't forget the rum! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 (8 ounce) mahi mahi fillets (can sub tilapia or cod)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- caribbean jerk seasoning (I used Dry Jerk Seasoning)
Tropical Fruit Salsa
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, diced
- 1 cup fresh mango, diced
- 1 cup fresh papaya, diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon grapefruit juice, can sub lime juice
- 1 tablespoon white rum
- 1 scotch bonnet peppers or 1 habanero pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 -2 teaspoon honey
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- salt and pepper
- 1Brush fillets with canola oil and sprinkle evenly both sides, with jerk rub seasoning.
- 2*Use 1 teaspoons seasoning per side per each fillet. More or less to taste.
- 3Rub into fish evenly to coat.
- 4Place fillets on hot grill and grill 3-5 minutes per side or til done and flakes easily with a fork.
- 5Warm tortillas on grill.
- 6Cut fillets into chunks, or coarsely shred with a fork.
- 7Divide fish evenly onto 8 warmed tortillas.
- 8Top each with fruit salsa, a slice of avocado, shredded cabbage, jicama, and top with lime sour cream.
- 9Lime sour cream:.
- 10Mix sour cream, lime juice and zest in small bowl.
- 11Garnish with additional cilantro if desired.
- 12*Note: If scotch bonnet or habanero peppers are too hot for your tastebuds, a red jalapeno can be substituted! They are actually quite mild.
- 14Serves 4, two tacos apiece!
- 15The seasoning is: Dry Jerk Seasoning by susie cooks, Dry Jerk Seasoning.
Browse Our Top Mahi Mahi Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mahi Mahi Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jamaican-Me-Nuts! Mahi-Mahi Tacos With Tropical Fruit Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (734 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 934.9
- Calories from Fat 460
- Total Fat 51.1 g
- Saturated Fat 17.5 g
- Cholesterol 225.2 mg
- Sodium 696.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.1 g
- Sugars 23.2 g
- Protein 53.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: