Recipe by * Pamela *
As this bakes your house will be filled with the most delicious aroma! Don't let the long list of ingredients scare you, this dish is worth it :) Created for RSC 2006.
Top Review by flower7
This was very tasty and very spicy! I had to replace chives with parsley and habanero with pickled jalapeno (couldn't get them). Also used chicken thighs instead of breasts. Recipe didn't give a temp. to bake at so I did at 375Â°F for 35 minutes. Chicken was nice and moist. Loved the flavors from the seasoning mix. Thanks and good luck in the contest! - Mar 5, 2006 Update: I had some of this in the freezer and wanted to do something a little different with it. I thawed out a serving (a couple thighs worth) and then mixed it with a pkg of cream cheese, a couple Tbsp mayo and 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese to make an excellent chicken salad! Thanks again Pamela!
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, use ancho chili powder if you can find it
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne, more if you dare
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sage
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chives
- 1 pinch clove
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red peppers or 1⁄2 cup green pepper, diced
- 1 habanero pepper (optional)
- 2 teaspoons rum
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons jamaican jerk spice, posted above
Directions See How It's Made
- For the rub, combine all ingredients in a ziploc bag. Reserve 2 tsp for topping. Place chicken into ziploc bag and rub mixture into chicken. Let sit in fridge for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- For topping, sauté garlic, peppers, and onion in olive oil until tender. Add remaining ingredients and cook until slightly thickened.
- To bake, place seasoned chicken in a 9x13 baking pan. Divide topping equally on top of each breast. Bake 30-45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Eagerly anticipate your meal as the aroma wafts through your house!