Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Try this recipe as a marinade for the Jamaican Grilled Chicken Wings. Recipe courtesy of Bahama Breeze's Restaurant.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons jamaican jerk spice
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dark Jamaican rum
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper, seeded and minced (or habaÃƒ ero pepper)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon creole seasoning
- Slowly add the olive oil to the jerk seasoning stirring with a wire whisk.
- Then add all remaining ingredients; stir. Refrigerate.
- Makes 1 ½ cups marinade, enough to marinate about 12 servings.
Great marinade. Super simple and spicy. I marinated a chicken breast and then threw it on the grill. I really enjoyed the great flavor. Thanks, Lynn for sharing. Made for Cooking Mania Tag.
First,I used this on some grilled drumsticks tonight, and I topped them off in the grill first, then microwaved a little more and topped again. I used about 2 1/2 pounds of drumsticks. Very very flavorful marinade. I did leave out the red onion though. Made for 1-2-3 hits.
WOW, this was just the way I like it, spicy and hot. I did not have any creole seasoning so made my own using Emeril's Creole Seasoning After putting the wings on the grill, I cooked the rest of the marinade on top of the stove. Then I topped the wings with the cooked marinade. I'm not sure what 12 severing was to be but I used 3 pounds of wings. I'll be sure to make this one for our 4th of July party. Made during * Zaar World Tour 5* 2009 game for team *Genies of Gourmet*