Recipe by icancook66
This is a Weight Watchers recipe. Its a delicous alternative to hamburgers. The salsa adds a slightly sweet touch to tame the heat of the jerk seasoning. The salsa can be prepared up to one day in advance and refrigerated until ready to use.
Top Review by loof
Great flavorful turkey burgers! I left out the onions and subbed apple for the papaya. I added some cayenne to the salsa for a little kick and thought it was great with the flavor of the burgers. Grilled these over charcoal and really enjoyed - thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for Spring PAC 2010
- 1⁄2 cup papaya, diced
- 1 cup mango, diced
- 3⁄4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup quick oats, unciiked
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 egg
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare salsa, in a medium bowl, combine papaya, mango, 1/4 cup of red onion and 14/ cup green pepper, cilantro and lime juice. Set aside.
- To prepare burgers, in a large bowl, combine remaining 1/2 cup red onion, remaining 1/4 cup of green pepper, oats, ketchup, jerk seasoning and egg and mix well. Add turkey; mix thouroughly. Shape turkey into four 1 inch thich patties; cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 20 minutes.
- Preheat broiler. Broil burgers until cooked through, flipping once, about 20-25 minutes total. Serve each bruger topped with about a heaping 1/3 cup of salsa.