Prep 0 mins
Cook 40 mins
Vegetarian Times 2001. For the tempeh: cut cross-wise into 10 thin strips for about 20 strips
Make and share this Jamaican Jerk Tempeh recipe from Food.com.
- 16 ounces tempeh
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced scallion
- 1⁄2 small habanero pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup apricot juice
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Prepare marinade: In medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients. Pour into large, shallow baking dish.
- Then add the tempeh, turning to coat.
- Cover and bake, 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
I'm thoroughly astounded to learn what all goes into a Jerk recipe. Basically everything in the kitchen cabinet :D And yet it tastes SO GOOD! Try it, man, you won't regret it. :D