Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Dry Jerk Seasoning Mix
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- 2 teaspoons ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried chives
- Mix together all the ingredients.
- Store leftovers in a tightly closed glass jar.
- It will keep its strength for over a month.
- 1- 1 1/2 tablespoon of seasoning for each pound of meat.
Well, for the most part I liked this. I tried it on some chicken breasts and it just didn't have that sweet heat that jerk seasoning should have. I ended up making a glaze out of pureed pineapple with a bit of sriracha mixed in and brushing that over the chicken breasts a minute or so before they came off the heat. The spice mix has plenty of the spicy heat to it, but not that sweetness that I would expect. I'll probably try it again but add more brown sugar and tweak the rest of the ingredients up and down a bit.
A nice touch of heat and great flavor...I made half the recipe...and omitted the dried chives...cuz I didn't have any so used a touch of fresh with my fish I made for dinner...I have plenty left for using on my future meals. Thanks for posting it! :)
This was really good. It wasn't quite what I was used to buying from the store but it was still good. On the other hand, my husband is a HUGE fan. He's been putting it on everything that goes on the grill and it's been wonderful. Thank you for posting!