Hot and spicy, with a wildly sweet and smokey aroma! It is wonderful on pork, chicken and seafood. This is the next best thing to being on the beach in Negril. YA MON, FER REAL!! This recipe is intended for rotisserie or indirect grilling methods but can also be used for roasting meats in the oven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 44.37 ml fresh thyme
- 29.58 ml fresh gingerroot, about 1 . 1/2 inches
- 29.58 ml ground allspice
- 14.79 ml black peppercorns
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 29.58 ml oil
- 14.79 ml vinegar
- 29.58 ml pineapple juice
- 4.92 ml ground nutmeg
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 9.85 ml salt
- 2 bunch green onions
- 2 fresh scotch bonnet peppers or 2 habanero peppers
- 6-8 garlic cloves, depending on size
- 2 fresh limes, juice of
- 1First, soak the wood chips for 30 - 60 minutes in an aluminum pan that can go on the grill.
- 2Combine and mix all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Save the peels of the limes. Refrigerate the mix for at least an hour (or overnight). Rub the meat with the limes and then the paste. Marinate if you like.
- 3Next, line the bottom of the grill with a drip pan filled with water and add any remaining spice or juice or lime peels to the water. Center the pan in the grill.
- 4Now place the pan of wood chips partially filled with water in the front of the grill off to one side.
- 5Add the meat to the rotisserie - be delicate so the paste remains on the roast. Balance and center the roast and place it one the grill. Close the cover- we leave our cover propped open about an inch.
- 6Now you can enjoy a Jamaican Red Stripe beer!
- 7Monitor the grill, try to keep both pans (drip pan and wood chip pan) at least half filled with water.
- 8Slowly cook the meat at a low constant temperature; add water to the drip pan and the wood chip pan every hour or so, so the smoke is subtle and even.
- 9Enjoy a Red Stripe!
- 10Slowley cook a roast for about 6-7 hours on a spit, (Grill steaks or chops or fish according to standard grilling methods.
- 11When the meat is done let it rest for 15-30 minutes before carving. Serve with rice. Enjoy your Jerk and a Red Stripe!
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jamaican Jerk Seasoning
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 84.2
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1121.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 2.1 g