Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Sauce for chicken, pork or steak. Spicy.
- 1 quart water
- 2 tablespoons chicken base
- 3 ounces whiskey
- 1 medium yellow onions or 3 large shallots
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 tablespoon montreal seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 dash oregano
- 1 dash parsley
- cornstarch, to desired thickness
- 4 medium mushrooms, sliced thin
- Sauté garlic and shallots in olive oil.
- Reduce with whiskey (actually burn whiskey off).
- Add water and chicken base, bring to boil.
- Add salt, pepper, paprika, jerk seasoning, Montreal chick seasoning, dry parsley, and oregano.
- Thicken with corn starch or roux.
- Add mushrooms when taken off heat, stir, and serve over chicken steak or pork.