Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 min
Cook 0 mins
This can be used for chicken, beef or pork, increase the heat by adding in more cayenne pepper, or add in some red pepper flakes. For best flavor, meat should be left to marinade for 24 hours in the fridge. Spice amounts may be doubled or tripled if desired.
- 2⁄3 cup dried chives
- 3 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons onion powder
- 3 tablespoons onion flakes
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ginger
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons salt
- 4 teaspoons coarse black pepper
- 4 teaspoons whole allspice
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 4 teaspoons coriander
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- red pepper flakes (optional)
- In a blender, blend all ingredients until a fine powder.
- To use, just rub/coat about half of the recipe (or the amount desired) on your meat to coat well.
- Place covered in a plastic ziploc bag in the fridge for 24 hours.
- Store the remaining rub in a glass jar cover in the fridge.
Really good blend of flavors! I made it to go on chicken, and it was lovely. Thank you for sharing!