Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Not for the faint of heart! This Jamaican jerk is hot and spicy. Great on chicken, ribs or steak. The longer the rub is allowed to absorb into the meat or poultry, the hotter and spicier the food will be; so be forewarned.
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Blend all ingredients together.
- Store in an airtight container.