Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs 10 mins
Make and share this Jamaican Jerk Roasted Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 1 (7 -8 lb) whole roasting chickens
- 1 small onion, cut into wedges
- In a small bowl, combine garlic salt, allspice, thyme, black pepper, cayenne, and cinnamon.
- Add 1 1/2 teaspoons spice mixture to chicken broth, stirring well.
- Fill a turkey marinade injector with broth mixture; inject mixture at 1-inch intervals into breast, thighs, and wings of chicken.
- Rub remaining spice mixture over chicken skin.
- Let chicken stand for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Place onion wedges in chicken cavity, and tie legs together with kitchen string.
- Tuck wings under, and place chicken, breast side up, on a V-shaped roasting rack set in a roasting pan.
- Bake for 2 hours or until meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion of thigh reads 165°; loosely tent with foil to prevent excessive browning, if necessary.
- Carefully transfer chicken to a serving platter or carving board, and let stand 10 minutes before carving.