Made this up for dinner tonight. I had a shaker of jamaican jerk seasoning from Penzey's that I hadn't used much, and decided to throw it in. It was fabulous.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute thinly sliced mushrooms in a teaspoon or so of EVOO. Throw in some jerk seasoning, kosher salt and cayenne -- if you have very fresh, potent cayenne, be careful! Taste to check seasonings. This is very important--without proper seasoning, this recipe will come out bland.
- 2Mushrooms love to soak up oil; be prepared to add a bit more if they start to stick.
- 3Saute until mushrooms are limp and slightly shrunk from the heat and salt.
- 4MEanwhile, prep quesadillas by shredding cheese onto three tortillas.
- 5Arrange one-fourth of the mushrooms on each cheese-covered tortilla.
- 6Put the quesadillas together and fry over medium head in EVOO, flipping at least once.
- 7Enjoy with your favorite hot sauce drizzled on top. Guacamole would also be great!
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jamaican Jerk Portobello Mushroom Quesadillas
Serving Size: 1 (476 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.5
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 18.1 mg
- Sodium 199.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 10.6 g