Made this up for dinner tonight. I had a shaker of jamaican jerk seasoning from Penzey's that I hadn't used much, and decided to throw it in. It was fabulous.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute thinly sliced mushrooms in a teaspoon or so of EVOO. Throw in some jerk seasoning, kosher salt and cayenne -- if you have very fresh, potent cayenne, be careful! Taste to check seasonings. This is very important--without proper seasoning, this recipe will come out bland.
- 2Mushrooms love to soak up oil; be prepared to add a bit more if they start to stick.
- 3Saute until mushrooms are limp and slightly shrunk from the heat and salt.
- 4MEanwhile, prep quesadillas by shredding cheese onto three tortillas.
- 5Arrange one-fourth of the mushrooms on each cheese-covered tortilla.
- 6Put the quesadillas together and fry over medium head in EVOO, flipping at least once.
- 7Enjoy with your favorite hot sauce drizzled on top. Guacamole would also be great!
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jamaican Jerk Portobello Mushroom Quesadillas
Serving Size: 1 (476 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 187.5
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 18.1 mg
- Sodium 199.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 10.6 g