Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Made this up for dinner tonight. I had a shaker of jamaican jerk seasoning from Penzey's that I hadn't used much, and decided to throw it in. It was fabulous.
- Saute thinly sliced mushrooms in a teaspoon or so of EVOO. Throw in some jerk seasoning, kosher salt and cayenne -- if you have very fresh, potent cayenne, be careful! Taste to check seasonings. This is very important--without proper seasoning, this recipe will come out bland.
- Mushrooms love to soak up oil; be prepared to add a bit more if they start to stick.
- Saute until mushrooms are limp and slightly shrunk from the heat and salt.
- MEanwhile, prep quesadillas by shredding cheese onto three tortillas.
- Arrange one-fourth of the mushrooms on each cheese-covered tortilla.
- Put the quesadillas together and fry over medium head in EVOO, flipping at least once.
- Enjoy with your favorite hot sauce drizzled on top. Guacamole would also be great!