24 hrs 10 mins
This is my take on a great concoction made originally from The Works Gourmet Burger Bistro in Ottawa, ON. It’s a firey blend of peppers, spices and pepper-jack cheese infusing mellow portabella mushroom caps for a great vegetarian burger!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 large sweet onion, minced
- 2 green onions, minced
- 2 habanero peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons allspice
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 4 portabella mushroom caps, stems removed
- 4 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
- 4 slices ripe beefsteak tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh green chili pepper
- 4 whole-grain rolls, sliced and toasted
- 1Add canola oil through through lime juice to a blender and puree until smooth.
- 2Arrange mushroom caps in a small, deep dish.
- 3Pour the marinade overtop, cover and refrigerate 4 – 6 hours, turning caps over halfway through.
- 4Heat a grill to medium-high.
- 5Remove caps from the marinade and pat dry.
- 6Place mushroom caps (gill side down) on the grill, cover and cook 4 minutes.
- 7Flip, top each with a slice of cheese and cook, covered, 4 minutes more.
- 8Place 1 slice tomato on the bottom half of each roll. Top with mushroom caps, then add 1 tbsp chilis to the top of each. Top with remaining bun half.
- 9Serve with sweet potato fries and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jamaican Jerk Porta-Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (340 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 611.3
- Calories from Fat 350
- Total Fat 38.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 24.9 mg
- Sodium 479.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 14.3 g
- Protein 16.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: