Recipe by CHRISSYG
This is a compilation of several recipes for "Jerk Pork" that I've tried. I don't claim that it has any Jamaican authenticity at all, but we really like it. It's important to find a pork loin (not the tenderloin) that has a nice fat layer on top... it really keeps the moisture in and makes for a very nice presentation when it's browned and crisp. I made this for my mother's friend birthday party, for a crew of very discriminating palates and they went nuts. Prior to that, I didn't have a written recipe for this, but I had demands for the recipe so I had to measure as I re-created it! I hope you enjoy.
Top Review by adopt a greyhound
Great Jerk recipe. I let it marinate for 6 hours and then cooked on the BBQ. Loved it. We cooked it for 10 min on the first side and about 15 on the sec. side.( Mine was a 2 lb. loin)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped scallion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 4 serrano chilies or 4 jalapeno chiles, chopped with seeds
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt (kosher or sea salt)
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 lb boneless pork loin, with fat layer intact or 1 1⁄2-2 lbs pork loin, bone-in
Directions See How It's Made
- Put all marinade ingredients into a food processor and process until thoroughly chopped but not to the point that it turns into a paste or too liquid.
- Put marinade into a large sealable plastic bag (like a Ziploc bag).
- Meat Preparation:.
- Lightly score the fat layer of the pork loin.
- Place meat in bag with marinade.
- Marinate up to 8 hours in the refrigerator, turning occasionally.
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Remove pork from marinade.
- Wipe most of marinade off of pork leaving some on fat layer to brown.
- Roast uncovered, fat side up, for approximately 1 hour (until internal temperature reaches 137°F).
- If the top gets too browned, cover for a few minutes, but uncover at the end of cooking time.
- Allow to rest at least 15 minutes before slicing.