Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
A different way to prepare a pork loin. It was easy to prepare, and produced great results. I just made this one up as I went....If you really want to simplify it use a store bought Jamaican Jerk Spice mix.
- To make Jerk Seasoning, mix all spices together and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Remove fat cap and silver skin ( I used a filet knife).
- Cut loin across grain into 3/4" to 1" filet mignons.
- Wrap a slice of bacon around circumference of filets, secure with toothpick(s).
- Sprinkle and rub Jerk Seasoning on both sides of filets. Left over seasoning can be stored in an air tight container.
- Coat iron skillet (or other oven ready pan) with olive oil (spray on pan coating can be used instead) to high heat on stove.
- Fry both sides of the filets until well browned (about 2 minutes per side).
- Put browned filets and skillet into preheated oven.
- Bake 20 minutes or until internal temp of filet is 160°F.
- Remove from pan and let stand 5 minutes.
- Garnish with 1 Tbsp of fruit compote per serving.
Mmmm, good! This was juicy and flavorful, and the fragrant smell was just fantastic. The only thing I might do differently next time, is to try it without the bacon (I can't believe I just said I was going to leave out bacon). This was served with Rice and Peas #10713. I loved everything about this. Will most definitely make it again.