This is really good-you can sub chicken for the pork if you like-and you can change the peppers if the heat is too much!
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 scotch bonnet peppers (these are "killer" hot so you may want to use something like a jalapeno)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 3 teaspoons oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons malt vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced gingerroot
- 3 -4 lbs cubed pork butt (2 inch chunks)
- In a large bowl combine the first 7 ingredients.
- Mix thoroughly.
- In a food processor combine green onions and garlic, peppers, onion, lemon juice, oil, soy sauce, malt vinegar and ginger.
- Blend until very smooth.
- Place pork in a glass bowl or large freezer bag, combine all ingredients and coat pork well.
- Cover and stir or flip often.
- Marinate for at least 8 hours.
- Take out of the fridge 1 hour before grilling.
- Preheat grill to medium high, skewer pork, 4 cubes to a skewer.
- Cook for 6-8 minutes on one side, flip and 6-8 minutes on the other.