Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A quick and easy recipe with lots of flavour and a little kick. I use store bought Jerk seasoning sauce, it lasts for ages as you only need a small amount, Walkerswood is a great brand if you can find it. This Is great served with good old-fashioned mashed potatoes or even eaten cold the next day.
- 1 lb minced lean beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 1 stalk spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients.
- On a lightly greased baking sheet mould into a long loaf shape.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Slice and serve.
This meatloaf was really yummy. My mother is Jamaican and she absolutely loved it. Great the day after for lunch!
I used a jerk liquid marinade (Den brand 10-minute marinade)which was more sweet than spicy so to kick it up next time I may add some hot sauce or chili powder. I will also add some salt. I made this with my Jamaican Festival recipe. Thanks for posting.Update-I have made this several times and tonight I used cornflake crumbs which worked well. My kids love this recipe. Thanks for posting.