Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapted to serve 4 from South Beach Diet Online. Phase 1. This needs to marinate for 30 minutes, which is not included in the preparation and cooking time.
- 453.59 g boneless skinless chicken breast, and cut into 24 chunks
- 2 green onions
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 44.37 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 14.79 ml gingerroot, peeled and chopped
- 29.58 ml white wine vinegar
- 4.92 ml ground allspice
- 4.92 ml dried thyme
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2 red bell peppers, cut in 1 inch pieces
- In a blender at high speed, blend onions, chile, ginger, vinegar, allspice, thyme, salt, and 2 tablespoons olive oil until combined.
- Place Chicken chunks in a zip-tight plastic bag with marinade, turning to coat.
- Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss red pepper pieces with remaining olive oil in small bowl.
- Preheat the broiler or grill with rack close to heat source.
- On 4 metal skewers, alternately thread chicken and red pepper.
- Brush Kabobs with any remaining marinade.
- Cook a total of ten minutes, turning once, or until chicken is n o longer pink inside.
This was outstanding! I didn't have any jalepenos, but I do have pequins so I used those instead, but with the olive oil, it got rid of most of the heat but kept the flavor of the chilies. Even the most tender-tongued of my family loved this recipe. It was even better the next day.
this was so good, very nice change for the menu, a little too much all spice but we will definately make this one again
I wasn't really sure how this was going to turn out when I first mixed up the marinade. It smelled and tasted weird to me. I added in some additional olive oil and also some crushed red pepper to spice it up a bit. I was still pretty hesitant when I pulled the bowl out of the fridge to grill it, but it ended up being really good! It's definitely something I'll make again.