Adapted to serve 4 from South Beach Diet Online. Phase 1. This needs to marinate for 30 minutes, which is not included in the preparation and cooking time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, and cut into 24 chunks
- 2 green onions
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon gingerroot, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 red bell peppers, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1In a blender at high speed, blend onions, chile, ginger, vinegar, allspice, thyme, salt, and 2 tablespoons olive oil until combined.
- 2Place Chicken chunks in a zip-tight plastic bag with marinade, turning to coat.
- 3Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, toss red pepper pieces with remaining olive oil in small bowl.
- 5Preheat the broiler or grill with rack close to heat source.
- 6On 4 metal skewers, alternately thread chicken and red pepper.
- 7Brush Kabobs with any remaining marinade.
- 8Cook a total of ten minutes, turning once, or until chicken is n o longer pink inside.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jamaican Jerk-Kabobs
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.1
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 426.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 24.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar