Prep 12 hrs
Cook 15 mins
Jamaican Jerk sauce is a delicious blend of sweet, spicy and savory flavors by combining ingredients like orange juice, brown sugar, chili, cinnamon, ginger, garlic, etc. I am marinating chicken skewers in my homemade Jamaican Jerk marinade overnight for maximum flavor. It is the best jerk marinade EVER-- you have to try it! Bob Marley CD optional...
- 3 large shallots, minced
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch ginger, root peeled and minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 14.79 ml ground allspice
- 7.39 ml freshly ground black pepper
- 2.46 ml cayenne pepper
- 7.39 ml ground cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ground nutmeg
- 4.92 ml dried thyme leaves
- 4.92 ml kosher salt
- 29.58 ml packed brown sugar
- 78.07 ml orange juice
- 59.14 ml rice vinegar
- 59.14 ml red wine vinegar
- 59.14 ml soy sauce
- 59.14 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1360.77 g boneless skinless chicken thighs
- In a mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients except for the meat. Set aside.
- On a cutting board, slice the chicken thighs into 2 inch chunks. Place the chunks into a large resealable plastic bag. Pour the marinade in the plastic bag, seal, and move it all around with your hands, to ensure that the meat is completely covered. Refrigerate overnight.
- To assemble the skewers, soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes. Place chicken on skewers. Preheat a grill to medium heat, and grill until meat is cooked through (about 8 minutes in a covered grill, turning once). Serve immediately.