Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Traditional jerk spices enhance this meatloaf.
Make and share this Jamaican Jerk Chicken Loaf recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chicken
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup thinly sliced scallion
- 1⁄2 cup firm white breadcrumb
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 -2 tablespoon seeded and minced fresh jalapeno pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme (or 2 t. dried)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage (or 1 1/2 t. dried)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons jalapeno jelly
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large mixing bowl, gently but thoroughly combine (use your hands) ground chicken, rice, beans, scallions, bread crumbs, lime juice, jalapenos, garlic, lime peel, thyme, sage, salt, allspice, cayenne, cinnamon, and egg.
- Pat mixture into a 9x5 inch loaf pan, smoothing the top.
- In a small saucepn, heat the jelly until melted; spread over the top of the loaf.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the loaf is firm and the top is richly browned.
- Let the meatloaf stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
Thanks for This is a great way to make a meat loaf. Its different, easy, and very tasty. The Jelly for the finish guives it great taste as well. Thanks for sharing.