Prep 50 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adapted from Cooking Light. Serving size: 1 cup. 368 calories, 9.8 g fat, 30.1 g carb, 2.2 g fiber, 148 mg cholesterol. I haven't tried this but it looks fabulous. Marinate time is 24 hours.
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1 1/2 lb.)
- 3 cups cubed peeled baking potatoes (about 1 lb.)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- chopped fresh parsley
- Add the first 10 ingredient to the container of an electric blender; process until smooth.
- Add green onion mixture and chicken to a large heavy-duty zip-lock plastic bag; seal and marinate in the refrigerator 24 hours; turn bag occasionally.
- Put potato cubes in a saucepan; cover with water; bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer 15 minutes or until tender; drain and cool.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add in chicken and marinade; cook chicken 5 minutes on each side or until done.
- Transfer chicken from pan and chop chicken meat.
- Add chicken, potato, milk, and 1/4 teaspoon salt to pan; cook 5 minutes or until heated through--stir occasionally.
- Garnish with parsley.