This is a traditional drumstick crock pot recipe but with a homemade jerk chicken marinade.
Make and share this Jamaican Jerk Chicken Drumsticks recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄8 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 small jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped finely
- 3⁄4 green onion, chopped
- 6 skinless chicken drumsticks
- Mix together all ingredients in a crock pot.
- Put in the chicken and cover with the marinade.
- Cook on warm heat for 7-8 hours or low for 4-6 hours. Keep shifting the drumsticks in the crock pot to ensure that they are being evenly marinaded and cooked.
The scent of the chicken cooking is just divine! Quite an usual use of spices for me and I was pleasantly surprised! I used chicken thighs and omitted the jalapenos (personal preference) but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. Great recipe and will definitely make again.