Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is a traditional drumstick crock pot recipe but with a homemade jerk chicken marinade.
Make and share this Jamaican Jerk Chicken Drumsticks recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄8 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 small jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped finely
- 3⁄4 green onion, chopped
- 6 skinless chicken drumsticks
- Mix together all ingredients in a crock pot.
- Put in the chicken and cover with the marinade.
- Cook on warm heat for 7-8 hours or low for 4-6 hours. Keep shifting the drumsticks in the crock pot to ensure that they are being evenly marinaded and cooked.
Wife loved it. I was sparing on the sugar before the cooking time, and added sugar to taste when I reduced the juices following cooking in the crock pot. Mine was done after about 2 1/2 hours on high. Once reduced, the cooking juices reduced over the stove top to a thick delicious glaze I spread over the drumsticks before serving. Great recipe, thanks for sharing!
The scent of the chicken cooking is just divine! Quite an usual use of spices for me and I was pleasantly surprised! I used chicken thighs and omitted the jalapenos (personal preference) but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. Great recipe and will definitely make again.