Recipe by Chefiebig
This is an amazing recipe. Don't let the number of ingredients scare you off...just line up the bottles and measure!
Top Review by Daisy_Cat
This is a fabulous recipe! Jamaica is DH and I's favorite place away from home, so we love anything that brings us back there. We use this recipe exactly but what we did was made it the night before in our crock pot, refrigerated it overnight, and then used the crock pot to cook it all day. For 5 -6 lbs of Chicken we did it on low for about 7 hrs. The meat was literally falling off the bone, just as we like from the island itself. The perfect blend of spice (heat) and seasoning. Thanks for this! It's a new staple in our house.
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon dried ground thyme
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried ground sage
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 scotch bonnet peppers or 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped finely
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 5 lbs skinless chicken pieces (on the bone)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large casserole with a lid, combine all ingredients except chicken.
- Add chicken, stirring to coat well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour up to 24 hours.
- First drain, then Bake@ 350 for one hour OR drain and barbecue.
- Serve with steamed white rice.