Recipe by Iowa Girl
Very flavourful recipe. I've served this to more than 20 people and only 1 didn't like it. The scotch bonnet peppers are very hot, hotter if you leave the seeds in. You can use jalapeños if you don't like their taste.
- 2 tablespoons ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 3 teaspoons chili flakes
- 3 teaspoons ground pepper
- 3 teaspoons ground sage
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 3 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 1 -2 scotch bonnet pepper
- 12 single boneless skinless chicken breasts
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine dry ingredients and Slowly whisk in oil, soy sauce, orange and lime juices.
- Stir in onions and peppers - Add chicken and marinade for 12 to 24 hours.
- Boil remaining sauce on stovetop and use as basting sauce on BBQ Sauce can also be used over rice and lintel mix.
- We like to grill the chicken breasts on a charcoal BBQ for extra flavor, but you can also bake them.