Recipe by Aroostook
This is inspired by jerk recipes from Matt Eager's catering and Di Neal. Great with green salad. Can hardy wait for it to warm up to try this chicken on a grill!
Top Review by Demandy
We liked this, the chicken was tender even though we were only able to marinate for about an hour. However I'd reduce the sugar, I thought it was a little too sweet for me. Guests liked it!
- 4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped fine
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Place marinade and chicken in a ziplock bag and marinade overnight or up to 24 hours.
- Drain chicken from marinade and place in a baking dish.
- Bake at 350º oven for about 30 minutes.
- Cool and dice the chicken.
- Toss chicken in a large bowl with your favorite green salad fixings.
- Or serve a a main course.
- If you reuse marinade be sure to boil hard for a full minute, cool and store in fridge up to 3 weeks.