Recipe by Scarlett516
The scotch bonnet pepper is a key ingredient, but if you can't find it, a habanero would make the best substitute. You may want to wear gloves while cutting the pepper and don't rub your eyes until after washing your hands! Time does not include marinating.
- 14.79 ml ground allspice
- 14.79 ml dried thyme
- 7.39 ml cayenne pepper
- 7.39 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 7.39 ml ground sage
- 3.69 ml ground nutmeg
- 3.69 ml ground cinnamon
- 29.58 ml salt
- 29.58 ml garlic powder
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 59.14 ml soy sauce
- 177.44 ml white vinegar
- 118.29 ml orange juice
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 236.59 ml chopped white onion
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 4 chicken breasts (6 to 8 oz)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the allspice, thyme, cayenne pepper, black pepper, sage, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, garlic powder and sugar in a large bowl.
- With a wire wisk, slowly add the olive oil, soy sauce, vinegar, orange juice, and lime juice. Once blended, add the scotch bonnet pepper, onion, green onions, and mix well.
- Pour into a ziploc baggie and marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Grill, while basting with the marinade, about 6 minutes on each side or until done.