Recipe by Scarlett516
The scotch bonnet pepper is a key ingredient, but if you can't find it, a habanero would make the best substitute. You may want to wear gloves while cutting the pepper and don't rub your eyes until after washing your hands! Time does not include marinating.
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground sage
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 4 chicken breasts (6 to 8 oz)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the allspice, thyme, cayenne pepper, black pepper, sage, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, garlic powder and sugar in a large bowl.
- With a wire wisk, slowly add the olive oil, soy sauce, vinegar, orange juice, and lime juice. Once blended, add the scotch bonnet pepper, onion, green onions, and mix well.
- Pour into a ziploc baggie and marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Grill, while basting with the marinade, about 6 minutes on each side or until done.