Recipe by TxGriffLover
In Jamaica this seasoning mixture is used to flavor chicken, pork, fish and shellfish, and is often added to soups and stews. If you like spicy food, You'll probably want to put it on just about everything too. Prep time includes marinating time. Adapted from WorldWide Recipes. Posted for ZWT5.
- 4 scallions, white parts only
- 1 habanero pepper, stemmed and seeded
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 lbs chicken pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the ingredients (except chicken) in a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Rub the mixture over the chicken pieces and refrigerate covered for 12 hours or overnight.
- Grill skin side up over indirect heat until the juices run clear, 30-40 minutes.
- Turn and place the pieces skin side down directly over hot coals for 5 minutes to crisp the skin.