Prep 6 hrs
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
Make and share this Jamaican Jerk Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried hot pepper, crushed
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons crushed thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup onion (pureed or finely chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 8 skinless chicken pieces (4 breasts, 4 drumsticks)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all ingredients except chicken in large bowl. Rub seasoning over chicken.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 6 or more hours.
- Evenly space chicken on nonstick or lightly greased baking pan.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake 40 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue baking for an additional 30 to 40 minutes or until the meat can be easily pulled away from the bone with a fork.
- The drumsticks may require less cooking time than the breasts.
This was easy for me to make I found all the ingredients in my cubbard. :) This is going to make it into my chicken recipe rotation. Thanks!