Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
Cooking Healthy at Yahoo Groups.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried hot pepper, crushed
- 2 teaspoons oregano, crushed
- 2 teaspoons thyme, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 8 pieces skinless chicken (4 breasts, 4 drumsticks)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients except chicken in large bowl. Rub seasoning over chicken. Marinate in the refrigerator for 6 or more hours.
- Evenly space chicken on nonstick or lightly greased baking pan. Cover with aluminum foil and bake 40 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue baking for an additional 30 to 40 minutes or until the meat can be easily pulled away from the bone with a fork.
- The drumsticks may require less cooking time than the breasts.
I did not have the hot peppers so I used crushed red chili flake. The only other change was rather than marinating then baking, I tossed the chicken in the seasoning and put it all in the slow cooker for 7hrs on low. The flavors were excellent!
My family loves this version of jerk chicken. They are always asking for me to make more. Ingredients are already in the cupboard. This is a keeper.