Recipe by Hamre Recipes
Cooking Healthy at Yahoo Groups.
Top Review by MommaChef
I did not have the hot peppers so I used crushed red chili flake. The only other change was rather than marinating then baking, I tossed the chicken in the seasoning and put it all in the slow cooker for 7hrs on low. The flavors were excellent!
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried hot pepper, crushed
- 2 teaspoons oregano, crushed
- 2 teaspoons thyme, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 8 pieces skinless chicken (4 breasts, 4 drumsticks)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients except chicken in large bowl. Rub seasoning over chicken. Marinate in the refrigerator for 6 or more hours.
- Evenly space chicken on nonstick or lightly greased baking pan. Cover with aluminum foil and bake 40 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue baking for an additional 30 to 40 minutes or until the meat can be easily pulled away from the bone with a fork.
- The drumsticks may require less cooking time than the breasts.