1/6 Photos of Jamaican Jerk Burgers With Orange-Chipotle Mayonnaise
a delicious burger, the recipe includes a homemade jerk sauce as well :) time does not include the 20 minute standing time from bon appetit
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 bunch green onion, coarsely chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh thyme
- 1 small habanero peppers or 2 medium jalapeno chilies, seeded, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 118.29 ml packed golden brown sugar
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 118.29 ml soy sauce
- 4.92 ml ground allspice
- 907.18 g ground beef (15% fat)
- 6 hamburger buns with sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 6 romaine lettuce leaves
- 1For orange-chipotle mayonnaise:.
- 2Mix all ingredients in small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 3For jerk sauce:.
- 4Finely chop first 4 ingredients in processor. Add sugar and next 3 ingredients; process until almost smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- 5Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Set aside 3/4 cup jerk sauce. Shape ground beef into six 1/2- to 3/4-inch-thick patties; place in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Pour 1/2 cup jerk sauce over patties and turn to coat; let stand 20 minutes.
- 6Sprinkle patties with salt and pepper. Grill to desired doneness, brushing occasionally with remaining jerk sauce, about 4 minutes per side for medium.
- 7Spread mayonnaise over cut surfaces of buns. Place burgers on bottom halves of buns. Top with onion slices, tomato slices, lettuce, and bun tops. Serve, passing reserved 3/4 cup jerk sauce separately.
- 8* Chipotle chilies canned in a spicy tomato sauce, sometimes called adobo, are available at Latin American markets, specialty foods stores, and some supermarkets.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jamaican Jerk Burgers With Orange-Chipotle Mayonnaise
Serving Size: 1 (392 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 856.6
- Calories from Fat 505
- Total Fat 56.1 g
- Saturated Fat 13.6 g
- Cholesterol 113.0 mg
- Sodium 1938.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 21.5 g
- Protein 36.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo