Recipe by MarraMamba
a delicious burger, the recipe includes a homemade jerk sauce as well :) time does not include the 20 minute standing time from bon appetit
Top Review by Tugar357
Yumm!! I cut the brown sugar and allspice in half, but that;s our taste. The mayo came out a bit watery, so next time I will use OJ concentrate. Other than that, it was quite excellent. Thanks for sharing, and I can't wait to try the jerk sauce on yard bird.
- 236.59 ml mayonnaise
- 44.37 ml orange juice
- 14.79 ml chipotle chile in adobo, chilies*
- 1 bunch green onion, coarsely chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh thyme
- 1 small habanero peppers or 2 medium jalapeno chilies, seeded, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 118.29 ml packed golden brown sugar
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 118.29 ml soy sauce
- 4.92 ml ground allspice
- 907.18 g ground beef (15% fat)
- 6 hamburger buns with sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 6 romaine lettuce leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- For orange-chipotle mayonnaise:.
- Mix all ingredients in small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- For jerk sauce:.
- Finely chop first 4 ingredients in processor. Add sugar and next 3 ingredients; process until almost smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Set aside 3/4 cup jerk sauce. Shape ground beef into six 1/2- to 3/4-inch-thick patties; place in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Pour 1/2 cup jerk sauce over patties and turn to coat; let stand 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle patties with salt and pepper. Grill to desired doneness, brushing occasionally with remaining jerk sauce, about 4 minutes per side for medium.
- Spread mayonnaise over cut surfaces of buns. Place burgers on bottom halves of buns. Top with onion slices, tomato slices, lettuce, and bun tops. Serve, passing reserved 3/4 cup jerk sauce separately.
- * Chipotle chilies canned in a spicy tomato sauce, sometimes called adobo, are available at Latin American markets, specialty foods stores, and some supermarkets.