1/3 Photos of Jamaican Jerk Brine for Chicken, Pork ....
12 hrs 15 mins
Kosher salt, which is preferred due to it's lack of impurities if using table salt use 1/2 the amount.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve salt and sugar in hot water add remaining ingredients and 2 cups of ice cubes to cool it. Place a 4 pound cleaned and dried chicken in a freezer zip lock bag pour brine over chicken and top with water to cover. Close bag trying to remove as much air as possible. Brine in refrigerator overnight 8-12 hours. If not ready to cook remove from brine rinse well and place back in the refrigerator till ready to cook.
- 2Proceed with cooking method you desire.
- 3Roast, Grill, Rotisserie cooking to internal temperature of 175.
- 4Let rest 10-15 minutes before carving.
Browse Our Top Marinades and Rubs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jamaican Jerk Brine for Chicken, Pork ....
Serving Size: 1 (499 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 689.7
- Calories from Fat 418
- Total Fat 46.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 213.8 mg
- Sodium 28500.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 50.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
jamaican jerk spice