Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Dark cane sugar is a new item here, got this recipe out of a weekly magazine and have made it this morning to test before I make it for Christmas gifts, sweet, but great flavour.
- 3 1⁄2 cups dark cane sugar
- 125 g butter
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence (you can use rum if you wish)
- 200 g condensed milk (1/2 the standard 400g tin)
- Place all ingredients except vanilla into a medium-heavy saucepan.
- Warm over a gentle heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to a gentle boil and cook for about 20 minutes, until it reaches the soft ball stage (120C) Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Beat until the fudge is creamy and thick.
- Pour into a greased 9 inch square cake tin.
- Break into pieces when cold.