Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yummy fried dough. Not sweet!
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Add water a little at a time and knead dough.
- Dough should be soft but not sticky.
- Pinch off pieces (golf ball size), roll into a ball and flatten slightly.
- Heat oil in pan.
- Put each dumpling in pan and fry on each side.
- Remove from pan when each side is golden brown.
My mother is Jamaican. I grew up on these. The only differnce is I use milk as opposed to water, to bind the flour. Thanks for posting, you saved me from having to bug my mother for the recipe.
Before, my dumplings tasted like rocks, and were very fresh! Now they taste fluffy and delicious! Can't wait to let my mom try "my" new recipe! ;)
thank you very much for this recipe. I have never tryed it with milk. but I did and it was very cood.