Recipe by chef sassypants
My husband hates fish. Wouldn't eat it to save his life. But I tried something a little different. The spices hide the fishy flavor very well. The sauce of this recipe came from one of my Pampered chef recipes for a chicken salad. It has great flavor and goes very well with this fish.
Top Review by Darkhunter
One word ...... FANTASTIC! Loved the fish rubbed, then dredged in flour. Made for a crispy, tasty fish. The sauce was good enough to eat with a spoon..... oh, wait, I did! Made sure to leave some to enhance the fish, though. Thnx for sharing your recipe, racegurl177. Made for PAC Fall 2009.
- 4 flounder fillets
- 3 tablespoons jamaican jerk rub
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2⁄3 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise (not miracle whip)
- 4 limes
- 4 tablespoons mango preserves
- 8 -10 fresh basil leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large nonstick skillet, preheat oil over medium heat.
- Coat fish evenly with Jamaican Rub.
- Dredge fillets in the flour.
- Place fish in skillet, cooking 5 minutes on each side, to get a nice crust on the fish.
- For the sauce, combine mango preserves and mayo in a mixing bowl.
- Zest 3 of the 4 limes into the mixture.
- Juice all the limes and combine into the mixture. Stirring well.
- Chop basil into thin strips. Combine to mixture.
- Spoon over hot fish and enjoy!