Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is really good with slices of Jamaican processed cheese. It comes in a large round can. I made it for the first time this past Easter and I loved it. It tasted just like what I remember! Next time I may add a little more liquid if I use the bread machine again
- 3 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon browning sauce
- 1⁄2 pint milk
- 2 tablespoons melted margarine
- raisins (amount to your taste)
- mixed peel (amount to your taste)
- 1 tablespoon mixed spice
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- Measure all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Pour into bun shaped baking pans (long loaf pan), and bake in a moderate 350 degree oven until well done.
- Glaze with sugar and water or pancake syrup and serve.
This took my boyfriend back to his growing up in Jamaica. And the cheese thing is sooooo true .