Recipe by Dave C
Top Review by ceceusmc
I used a large dutch oven and it turned out great! My hubby's only complaint was that it needed more spice, so next time I'll add more curry powder. But he's from Jamaica and is used to his mummy's authentic cooking! :) Very tasty recipe though!
- 2 medium frying chicken, cut up & boned
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 inch ginger, peeled & finely chopped
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 6 -8 cups steamed rice
- mango chutney, garnish
- coconut milk, garnish
- yogurt, garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a stew pot, heat the vegetable oil.
- Add the garlic, scallions,pepper, curry, allspice, and ginger and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the chicken and simmer, covered on low heat about 10 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and potatoes and continue to cook for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Serve over hot steamed rice with a selection of condiments such as mango chutney, coconut milk& yogurt.